Friday, July 8, 2011

Art imitates life.

My sister Ellen sometimes says things like

"Jessie, if your life was tv I would watch it"

I don't really think my life is tv.

Except for some days when I wake up to a phone call from my friend Phil that says

"Jessie, come over for brunch, we're cooking elk meat"

So I go to Phil's apartment to find various boys sititng around in various stages of woken up and undress smoking and drinking beer eating elk meat.

"Do you want a beer" asks Phil
"Do you have coffee?" asks Jessie
"Well, I mean we are eating elk meat" says Phil

Plus the beer is on tap. So why not.

When asked where they got the elk meat Phil responds they just found it in their fridge.

This is my life sometimes, sitting in a kitchen eating elk meat and tap beer at 11:30 in the morning for brunch on a saturday with friends.

I'm not ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment