Monday, October 10, 2011

Here is what I love: Autumn.
I love leaves changing colours, and boots, and sweaters, and pashminas as big as I am.
Autumn is by far my favourite season out of the four.
Here is who apparently does not love autumn:
Texas.
I don't know if Texas just missed the memo that autumn is a season or if they just don't care but regargless of what happened it doesn't seem to be a season in Texas until roughly November 1st which on all accounts should be winter at that point.

It's sort of autumn at night. By that I mean it gets to be 70 degrees at night so I can wear a sweater.

I try to defy Texas and claim that it's Autumn anyway. This weekend I went to a party at a friend's apartment, it was raining and it was cold and I declared that I was going to wear my grey cold weather coat from H&M that I bought in Rome last fall, which makes it fancy even though it was only $20ish dollars. (I say 'ish' because I was always bad with euro/dollar conversions)
"You can't wear that" Will from downstairs tells me as I put it on
"Why?" I ask
"Because..." Will from downstairs tells me giving me the all too common stop being crazy Jessie look that I always get from him.

I wore it anyway. And I was stylish. Even in the rain

Will from downstairs wore his winter jacket too in the end. He saw my side of things.

Jessie: 1
Autumn and Will: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment